Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a Reality ... A New School!

I had the chance to tour the newly built Logan High School last Thursday. Mr. Stirn, our superintendent, showed us through the not-quite-done building pointing out special features. I have to say I was quite impressed. While I was standing there gawking, I thought about how I never thought I'd ever see the day we'd have a brand new high school for Logan. When I was only in grade school, my father had been on a committee to try to round up interest for a new high school. That was in the 60's. Others had tried over the years. Every time, the people said, "No." I felt they were saying they didn't care about me, about my future.

Our old high school was originally built in 1910. Several additions were built on over the years. Although the district has done its best to maintain the building, time has definitely taken its toll and won. The auditorium has been closed for over a year. When the voters passed a vote to build new schools, it was a resounding, "YES," for our kids and their future.

Here are a couple of photos from my visit.


Front entrance. Entry tile floor design.



Nice wide, bright hallways. A greenhouse.



Finishing touches on gym floor. Main gate and ticket booth.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I can relate to the "what do I want to be when I grow up?"