Sunday, April 6, 2008

God is a Gentleman

I was thinking about our prayer vigil coming up in May before Pentacost. I just wanted to encourage people to pray now. I don't think they have discovered yet the potential that prayer can have in their lives.

I want to share the perspective I've gained through studying and being open to learn from others. I once heard that God is a gentleman. He does not force himself on us or our lives. It says that He stands at the door and knocks. If anyone hears His voice and will open the door, He will come in... (Rev. 3:20)
But, when you open the door, you don't just stand there staring at each other, you invite them in....you ask. Prayer is our way of asking Him to come in. So often I think we just forget that fact. He's standing there watching and waiting, but he isn't invited.

So, open up to the possibilities of what God can bring into our lives. Think of all the things He can help us with if we just ask. And if you don't know what to pray for in a situation, ask for guidance in that, too. "How should I pray about this situation, Lord?" He gives wisdom to all liberally and without reproach. (James 1:5)

No comments: